Tuesday 12 May 2009

La Ronde

These are a few of the designs I did for a play called 'La Ronde'. The play revolves around a group of 10 people who are all linked through sex. It was set in the early 20th century in Vienna. I created these designs using CAD in 2008.



For the first time we were asked to design a set as well. My inspiration for this was Alfons Mucha, I found his work very inspiring, and thought his images of naked women, linked nicely to the play. My final set includes, a circular screen. As there is lots of sex, there needed to be a way in the play that enabled this to be done on stage. My idea was to have the sex scenes behind the screen so only the silhouettes of the couples would be seen. I used a laser cutter to make the gold Mucha inspired women that surround the screen. I wanted it to look like a Mucha wonderland.











The floor is covered in wooden floor boards that show a painting of Mucha flowers peaking through. The proscenium arch is decorated with Mucha inspired leafs.

No comments:

Post a Comment