Wednesday 13 May 2009

Strange lands

In October 2008 I designed and supervised an acting production of a play called 'Strange Lands'. My job was to hire and buy all the costumes for this production in a month. This was a great opportunity for me to experience how things work in the theatre and experience for myself how to put on a production. The tricky thing about this show is that it was set in 3 different countries, Britain, America and Bosnia. The play was very fast paced and some scenes only lasted a few minutes, this meant there were lots of quick changes. The other problem was that most of the actors played more than one character. To over come these problems I picked a base costume for each actor, then layered them with other clothing. Unfortunately for some actors this didn't work and they were required to do a few quick changes back stage. Here are a few images from the production.

No comments:

Post a Comment