Wednesday 13 May 2009

Summer

In the beginning of 2009 I worked as Costume Supervisor on a play called 'Summer' which is set on a chicken ranch in 1949. I worked with a professional designer, Kat Connelly. I was given her designs, then I had to source all the costumes, some of the designs were very unique so they had to be made. Three dresses needed to be made so I got on the course to help out, he made one, Kat Connelly made one and so did I. We also had some problems in this play, one of the characters called Esposito, who wears a white suit, is stabbed in the last scene, this meant we had to have lots of doubles for him. I found this experience really helpful in working with a designer and what the role as Costume Supervisor actually is. I also really enjoyed sourcing all the vintage clothing and I was really proud of myself for actually making a dress! Here are some production photos.



Here are two of the dresses that were made, I made the white one! Below is the other dress that was made.



No comments:

Post a Comment